Being married to the person that you love the most is one of the best feelings in the world. Unfortunately, there are some couples who seem to lose the flame of love after being married for long. However, this shouldn’t be the case.
Make sure that the fire of love continues to burn in your marriage with these 10 relationship tips.
1. The moment you got married, you promised to be the person who will hold your partner’s heart and protect it in the best way possible. It is the most sacred and important treasure that will be entrusted to you. You were the one who chose your mate so don’t forget that and don’t get lazy in loving your mate and never take him or her for granted.
2. Fall in love over and over again. Changes will constantly come and you can’t avoid them and for that reason, you need to choose each other every single day. You have to take care of the heart of your partner and aggressively win his or her love in the same way that you did during your courting stage.
3. Protect your very own heart in the similar way that you commit to your mate. You have to fully love yourself with the same level of vigilance since there is that special spot in your heart that no one else should enter aside from your mate. Keep this space always open to receive your mate and refuse to let anyone or anything else to enter there.
4. Always see the best in your mate. Your focus should be on what you love and let it expand. When focusing on things that bug you, the only things you see are those that bug you. Focus on points where all you see is love and you will feel that you are the most blessed person in this world for marrying that person.
5. You have to take a full account of your emotions. It is your responsibility to find your own happiness and through that, the joy you will is going to spill to your love and your marriage.
6. Your job would be to love your mate as is. Never try fixing them and expect to see changes. Once change happens, you have to love the results of these changes whether you want it or not.
7. Only God will and can heal the hurts you have in the past and provide you with the emotional rest when you give all those hurts up to Him.
8. Be playful and never takes things too seriously. Laugh when you can and make sure that you share this laughter with your mate. Laughter can make things easier and as they say, it is a great medicine.
9. Let your partner to be who God wanted them to be. If upset or sad, it is not your job to get it fixed. Your job is to hold your mate, create a feeling of importance and bring a sense of being okay.
10. Learn one another’s love languages and the particular ways your mate feels validated and cherished. Make this your priority every day to give your mate the chance to experience your true love.